Engineers Without Borders Jan 2006 – Present
Currently in the role of VP Finance for the University of Ottawa chapter
- Duties include making monthly finance reports to National Office, helping other executive members budget for events related to their roles, writing reimbursements cheques for expenses, daily banking, and helping other exec with various aspects of their roles as needed.
Actively involved with Memorial University of Newfoundland Chapter from Jan 2006 – April 2008:
- Director of Website, VP Communications, volunteer for weekly Fair Trade Coffee Club.
- Have also attended events with the Simon Fraser University student chapter and the Ottawa Professional chapter.
- Attended the 2009 Engineers Without Borders National Conference in Mississauga.
- Attended the 2009 Engineers Without Borders “Bridging The Gap” conference in Vancouver.
IEEE Sep 2006 – Present
- Active member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Section during the last two years of my undergraduate degree.
- Volunteered with NECEC 2007. See Conference Volunteering for more information.
- Awarded 1st place in the 2008 Eastern Canada Regional student paper competition.
Campus Food Bank, Memorial University Jan 2006 – Sep 2006
- Performed front-desk duties including registration of clients and distribution of food in accordance with food bank guidelines.